The Recreation Department handles scheduling for all athletic fields, the Town Building Gym, Art Center and Beach in the Town of Wayland.
To reserve a gymnasium in a school, please contact the School Facilities Department.
HOW TO APPLY | SEND A REQUEST FORM
Submit a completed Request Form for each anticipated facility/venue for each season during the appropriate application period.
Reservations that span multiple seasons, must submit a unique request for each season.
Requests cannot be taken over the phone or without application. Users are welcome to call to check availability of a site after the application period.
Requestor will be contacted if conflicting requests need negotiation, if a permit cannot be issued, or if all requests cannot be met.
- Facility Use Request Form application, signed & dated.
- Certificate of Insurance (COI) listing the ‘Town of Wayland’ as additionally insured.
- Roster of your group that includes residency information (to verify rates and/or youth fees)
Youth leagues can delay payment and rosters until enrollment period is completed.
- Game schedule, if applicable so Town can mow/line/chalk/unlock facility for you
- Payment amount (Checks can be made to ‘Town of Wayland’) due at time of application
- Light Usage Fee Acknowledgement – (if applicable)
Light Fees charged at end of reservation, based on usage for reservations that span sunset times on Cochituate fields and WHS Turf field.
Facility Reservations are handled seasonally on the following dates:
Fall Season (Mid-August through mid-November)
Residents: July 1st – July 7th
Non-residents: July 8th – July 15th
Winter Season (Monday after Thanksgiving through mid-March)
Residents: September 1st – 7th
Non-residents: September 8th – 15th
Spring Season (3rd Monday in March through close of school in June)
Residents: February 1st – 7th
Non-residents: February 8th – 15th
Summer Season (Close of school in June through mid-August)
Residents: April 1st – 7th
Non-Residents: April 8th – 15th
* You must submit a separate Facility Use form for EACH season for your request to be processed.
FAQ’s about Field Use Policies:
– No Dogs are allowed on any playing fields at any time
– Groups renting a field may not sub-lease a field
– Wayland residents may use a field for pick-up play (non-organized games/practices)
IF the field is not already reserved/being used, being worked on by town/contracted staff, or closed for any reason.
Scheduling issues/questions should be directed to the Recreation Department (508) 358-3660
Field issues should be directed to the DPW (508) 358-3672